Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blog 2

       The Elementary School where I observe asked me to visit every 5th grade classroom to observe various teaching strategies.  I created a power point to introduce myself and that was a lot of fun!  I had the opportunity to give a spelling test and help with a craft.  In history they were learning about Indians and hieroglyphics.  She used a kinesthetic way of teaching and had them carve hieroglyphics into sand paper for their craft.  They said it was very difficult and that helped them know how the Indians wrote and communicated.  When I visited another classroom we worked on multiplication skills.  I quizzed two kids and they were on various levels of their memorization.  It was interesting to see how every kid is different in their cognitive development. 
        While we were at recess I noticed theirs many different races and colors of skin.  The other kids don't seem to even notice or care.  Everyone is friends.  It is astonishing to see to difference in racial acceptance from the 1950's to now.  I'm very happy to see the improvement in the education system.

No comments:

Post a Comment